The Head of Market Access will lead and mentor the Health Economics, Pricing and Real World Evidence teams as they support the activities of both the Primary Care and Specialty Care Commercial Platforms. Working within a matrix environment the individual will proactively establish the team as the centre of excellence for Market Access across the independent associated network of companies. Ideally, candidates for the role should have a relevant academic background in Health Economics, Market Access, or a related subject such as Outcomes Research, Public Health or Statistics. They should have proven experience of leading teams and driving commercial excellence within a commercial entity. Additionally the individual will need to display proven ability in strategic decision making, be able to embrace the opportunity for change and possess the ability to engage effectively within our organisation. They should also demonstrate a collaborative approach with the ability to build effective partnerships.
This individual will need to have significant strategic experience at an International level, preferably from within another pharmaceutical company.
- Set the market access strategy for all potential therapies, including key pricing and commercial decisions and input for BR and early stage assets
- Drive, influence and provide challenge on all Market Access recommendations for business development opportunities (including market access scenarios, optimal clinical development, access stakeholder engagement plan, and pricing)
- Collaborate closely with colleagues from Mundipharma Research to advise on development activities, including the design of clinical studies for initial development and life-cycle management activities.
- Ensure that the Market Access team are seen as the experts in communicating health economic and market access messages and strategies to colleagues across the organisation and externally across a variety of channels – including academic publications, emails, meetings and conferences
- Communicate and interact successfully with the European Sales Organisations anies (ESO), and other geographies as required. This includes providing new ideas to support the ESOs and challenging as required
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified, ideally with an academic qualification in Health Economics – an additional post-graduate qualification such as a Masters or PhD would be strongly preferred.
- Significant experience within an International pharmaceutical company
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and comfortable working effectively in a complex yet highly collaborative environment.
- Act as a change leader. Anticipate and make the case for change. Influence and mobilise others to drive change
- Strategic thinker and communicator, give clear direction for the vision and strategy pf the department, ensuring this is in line with Commercial priorities.
- Understand and meet customer and stakeholder need. Demonstrate commercial excellence through interactions with our partners.
- Commercial Management team
- Senior Leadership Team
- Network of Independent Associated Companies (IACs)
- European Sales Organisations (ESOs)
- Key Opinion Leaders and External Stakeholders and Influencers
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Effective engagement with ESOs
- Ensuring that Mundipharma international continues to attract and retain key assets within the pipeline
- Establish the Market Access Team as a centre of excellence within the IACs, by continuing to build on capabilities and initiatives