Mundipharma has a growing portfolio in speciality care and is recruiting for a Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Manager to provide support for these assets. This role will suit an experienced HEOR candidate used to strategic thinking in market access and leading on the development of evidence to support market access value propositions.
BROAD PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Leading market access evidence generation for in specialty care, working cross-functionally with colleagues from across the organisation.
- Provide market access input into the assessment of new assets Mundipharma International might be interested in obtaining or developing.
- In collaboration with the broader business, develop the organisations evidence generation capabilities through activities such as research in real world evidence and clinical trial outcomes.
- Responsible for technical health economics including (but not limited to) cost utility analysis and budget impact models for Health Technology Assessment and local use.
- Understanding the needs of the local selling organisations; including disseminating evidence, providing advice and supporting local market access strategy.
- Developing and publishing value evidence for use in payer negotiations.
- Input into (and lead as appropriate) strategic market access plans to achieve patient access for therapies.
- The remit for the role will be pan-European but requiring collaboration and alignment with market access colleagues in other regions. There will be a requirement for occasional travel within Europe as part of this.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify critical components of the value proposition in need of further evidence development. This will require activities such as payer engagement and the development of market access plans.
- Quantify value drivers through the development of core cost-effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Lead on desk based outcomes research and commission outcomes research studies to inform clinical study design.
- Provide market access input into review of potential assets for acquisition or licensing, with the Business Development (BD) team.
- Synthesise health economics and outcomes research into strategic recommendations for evidence generation.
- Effectively communicate health economics, outcomes and strategic recommendations to colleagues across the organisation.
- Work closely with colleagues from research and commercial organisations to constructively guide and influence decisions to ensure patient access.
- Work to development real world evidence to support value drivers not fully evidenced in clinical trials.
- Help develop and lead as required a publication strategy to communicate key value evidence in the run up to launch.
- Prepare global value dossiers and maintain these through the life cycle.
- Facilitate training and understand the needs of country sales organisations to familiarise them with therapy value propositions and develop their country level evidence strategies.
- Assist country sales organisations in developing dossiers for Health Technology Assessment submissions.
- Adapt to change and new circumstances, including leading or supporting additional projects for the organisation as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified, ideally with additional qualification such as a master’s degree in health economics or a medical qualification.
- Established network in the pharmaceutical industry with ability to establish, maintain and influence effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Evident understanding of current market access landscape and prior experience working on a pharmaceutical asset (therapy).
- Experienced in developing health economic models.
- Experienced in team work; including cross functional team working.
- Experience working with statistical software would be desirable (e.g. R, STATA etc.).