The Strategic Market Analyst will generate key information and insight that will guide thinking and enable the commercial platforms to make informed decisions about commercial and strategic opportunities for assets in our portfolio, pipeline and potential Business Development targets.
They will hold primary responsibility for developing analytics, screening methodologies and data tools that provide analysis of relevant therapy areas and company information.
- Work closely with the commercial teams to develop and maintain standardised forecast models for key products and business development opportunities.
- Work closely with corporate finance and business analytics in undertaking financial modelling for specific BD opportunities, as well as support the GPI process every 6 months.
- Provision of analysis and support for monitoring and tracking high level KPIs of product launches, as well as sales data on an asset by asset basis.
- Seek and provide to the commercial management teams, product, market and external company information and generally facilitate the decision-making process for BD opportunities
- Provide analysis for competitive landscaping across therapy areas of interest.
- Maintain a working knowledge of primary pharmaceutical databases and services (eg IMS) to advise commercial management teams when business information questions arise. Ability to use IMS (or similar) data to create market reports.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues throughout the company, particularly those directly involved in supporting the corporate and business development processes, including R&D, MINT commercial, technical Operations and Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in market analysis, business analysis within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyse, interpret and communicate market-related data from a variety of sources, including external sources such as IMS, Datamonitor and other secondary sources
- Sound understanding of product forecasting and financial modelling; experienced in the preparation and interpretation of financial spreadsheets, project plans and presentations
- Recognised as technical expert within their function
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organisation to accomplish team goals
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries is desirable
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within tight timelines
- University degree in relevant field (or equivalent by experience). MBA preferred.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented and self-starting
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Curious by nature; appreciates and enjoys the process of research and analysis
- Intellectually focused
- Project management and problem solving skills
- Able to successfully handle multiple tasks and demands simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Develops innovative solutions to complex issues